April 19 – May 26: EIRIK JOHNSON – Camps & Cabins
Artist Reception: Thursday, May 3, 6 to 8 pm
Artist Talk: Saturday, May 19, 2pm
Gallery Artist News
- Congratulations to GALA BENT + EIRIK JOHNSON for their 2012 Neddy Award Nominations!
- BEVERLY RAYNER is the 2012 Frances Niederer Artist-in-Residence at Hollins University in Roanoke, VA (February – April 2012)
- JUSTIN GIBBENS returned from a Winter Jentel Artist Residency in Banner, Wyoming earlier this year (January – February 2012)
- GALA BENT received a Jordan Schnitzer Printmaking Residency at Sitka Center for Art and Ecology (October 2011)
- Work by FRANCESCA BERRINI was featured in the IFC series Portlandia, Portlandia: Dream of the 1890s, Season 2, Episode 5 (in the Mayor’s Office)
- LORI NIX + KATHLEEN GERBER collaborated with Joe Sabia on a short film about sustainable sushi – View the video here
- JOANN VERBURG received a commission from the City of St. Paul to create artwork for public spaces associated with their new light rail system.
- THOMAS ALLEN received a commission from The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD to create artwork inspired by children’s literature for their new Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center, set to open in April 2012.
Artist Talks & Lectures
- EIRIK JOHNSON – Wednesday, March 21, 5 pm at the Mushroom Farm @ [storefront] Olson Kundig Architects, 406 Occidental Avenue, Seattle, WA
- GALA BENT + SAYA MORIYASU – Saturday, March 31, 2pm @ G. Gibson Gallery, Seattle, WA
- BEVERLY RAYNER – Thursday, April 12, 6pm 2012 Artist-in-Residence: Frances Niederer Auditorium, Richard Wetherill Visual Arts Center, Roanoke, VA
- BEVERLY RAYNER – June 8, 2012 F295 Symposium, Pittsburg, PA
Reviews & New Publications
- SAYA MORIYASU – ArtLtd Magazine, Critic’s Picks by Susanne Beal, March 2012
- JONAH SAMSON – Naughty Little People Postcards, by Laurence King Publishing, March 2012
Color photographs by JONAH SAMSON will go up in price as of April 1, 2012. If you are interested in purchasing work at the current price, please contact us.
Other Exhibits with Gallery Artists
- BEVERLY RAYNER – Museum of Mesmerism, Eleanor D. Wilson Museum, Hollins University, Roanoke, VA, through April 21, 2012
- MICHAEL KENNA – L’Arbre et le photographe, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts, Paris, France, through April 22, 2012
- SUSAN SEUBERT – Portland2012, Oregon Biennial, Disjecta Interdisciplinary Art Center, Portland, OR, through April 28, 2012
- BEVERLY RAYNER – Outfitters: The Contemporary Art of Clothing, Bedford Gallery, Lesher Center for the Arts, Walnut Creek, CA, through May 13, 2012
- JOANN VERBURG – Landscape of the Mind, Katherine E Nash Gallery, University of Minnesota, May 22 – June 30, 2012
- SAYA MORIYASU – Tulipiere: The Tulip Vase Revisited, curated by Carol Gouthro, Museum of Northwest Art, La Conner, WA, through June 10, 2012
- SAYA MORIYASU – Eastern Traditions / Western Expression, Boise Art Museum, Boise, ID, through January 10, 2013